A house fire is not only a danger to your life, but it can also consume your home and your possessions, which is heart-breaking. There are a number of things that can cause house fires, but here are four of the most common causes…
Cooking – Of course we all need to cook food in order to be healthy, so it is not something to avoid, but it is something to do with care. Don’t leave food cooking whilst you go out, check the cooker for signs of damage and always keep young children and pets away from the kitchen area when you are cooking.
Faulty Electricals – Electrical products that are faulty, as well as damaged wiring in the home can be a huge fire safety hazard. It is a good idea to get a professional like this Cheltenham electrician https://www.dpalmerelectrical.co.uk/electrician-near-me/electrician-cheltenham to come and check your electricals for you, and also be aware of the signs to look out for to alert you to a potential electrical fault.
Smoking – Smoking is not only bad for your health, but it could also cause a fire in your home. Having a naked flame in the home can lead to flammable material catching fire, so it is always better to go outdoors to smoke.
Candles – As lovely as candles are to have around, if you do not use them safely, they could cause a fire in the home. When you have candles on, the most important thing to remember is not to leave them unattended, as it doesn’t take long for a fire to take hold.