Sometimes it may seem that not all the cupboards in your house can even support a single bedroom, but you can easily rearrange everything to create less clutter. Here are some ideas and tips.
Use the space under and above the bed
Use the space under the bed.
- Store extra blankets or pillows for guests in drawers, low chests or solid boxes that can be slipped under your bed.
- A chest or drawer with wheels and handles or loops is particularly easy to get in and out. This works best with a bed with a higher base.
No space under the bed? Instead, hang shelves above it.
- To store important but not particularly attractive objects on open shelves, use a set of decorative boxes to hide them.
If you have a bedroom with a high ceiling, consider installing a platform for the bed to turn it into a loft-style bed.
- You will have plenty of extra storage space underneath this one.
- In this case, you should use a chest of drawers, a chest or a set of shelves covered by cabinet doors.
You May Also Like To Read: 7 Tips for Creating a Wall Accent
Maximize your wardrobe
- Do not overload hangers, shelves and drawers; the clothes must be easy to remove and restore.
- Select multi-arm hangers for a small closet.
- Keep accessories such as scarves, ties, belts, socks, and gloves in the drawers. Hang the handbags and ties on hooks on the inside of your closet door.
- Use drawer storage boxes to keep objects organized and accessible.
- When storing your seasonal clothing, dust off your shelves. Mites are bad for tissues and people who are allergic to it and dust can make the clothes look dirty.
- Give the clothes that do not make you any more, especially if they are old-fashioned.
Advantages of cabinets
When it is time to store and organize, the shelves and cabinets make your life easier. But a shelf does not necessarily fit everyone:
- You can use open decorative shelves as extra storage space and separate the bedroom.
- Opt for a wardrobe with a glass door if you are not fond of the feather duster. Open shelves should be cleaned regularly.
- When buying shelves, make sure they can withstand the weight of what you plan to store. Light shelves can deform or even break under heavy loads.
- Turn an alcove into a closet by installing a rope to hang clothes. The space between the rope for the clothes and the back wall must be the width of a half-hanger. If there is no bedroom for a door, install a blind or a curtain.
- Create extra storage space under a sloping roof or staircase by adding a mobile wardrobe on wheels or install a custom cabinet door.
The beloved trunk
Shelves and glass cabinets are not suitable for all bedroom. Sometimes a buffet or chest is the option to choose from:
- You can use an old safe without partitions to accommodate large clothes or toys for children.
- Drawers of different depths can be useful. Store underwear in shallow drawers and sweaters in the deepest ones, for example.
Buying Guide for Dressers
Consider these items when you want to buy a new dresser:
- Make sure the drawers slide gently.
- When storing clothes in a drawer, leave about 2.5 cm (one inch) between the top edge and the contents, so the drawers can be opened and closed gently.
- Arrange the chest of drawers to have enough space for easy storage and removal of items.