How can you use intelligence to beat the burglar in his own game? Here are six home secure system astute tips.
Burglary is a rising phenomenon throughout the country, and knowing how to effectively secure your property is an important part of feeling secure in your home.
1. Installing an alarm home secure system
When it comes to securing your home, investing in an alarm home security system must be your first consideration.
- However, apart from the safe home alarm system, consider taking into account the various motion detection alarm devices that go on the doors and windows.
- Using infrared technology, these small smart devices will detect unexpected motion before the burglar actually enters.
- This movement can trigger any type of alert device, ranging from burglar alarms with a siren to ultra-powerful lights.
2. Have a watchdog (or pretend to have one)
The fear of the burglar to be discovered allows you to implement many very effective deterrents.
- For example, watchdogs have the reputation of making a lot of noise for burglars. In addition, this noise allows the owners to know that someone is lurking in their neighborhood.
Of course, actually owning a watchdog is not an absolute necessity.
- You can always attach an “Attention to Dog” sign on your portal or door, which could sow doubts in the head of a potential burglar.
You may also like to read: 5 Easy Tips For Protecting Your Home While On Vacation
3. Strengthen your doors
The majority of burglars have access to their lenses through the front and rear doors, so an essential step to your Home Secure System home is to make sure that these doors are not cheap or fragile.
- To help reinforce these doors, invest in one or two locks, replace the screws in the doorframes with stainless steel, prefer an expensive handle and try to replace inexpensive wood with hardwood.
4. Improve your Windows
The windows attract burglars for two reasons:
- The possibility that the owner may have left a window open or unlocked.
- The glass breaks very easily.
To cope with the first of these reasons, be sure to lock your windows when you close them.
To deal with the second reason, it is advisable to invest in a security film to spread on each glass.
- This film will have the dual function of retaining the fragments of a broken window and preventing the window from separating.
5. Leave a car parked outside
A car parked outside your home speaks volumes. While this happens regularly, burglaries targeted at homes currently occupied are much rarer than burglaries aimed at empty homes.
- A car in your driveway gives the burglar a clear indication that someone is currently in the house, greatly reducing the likelihood of an attempted break-in.
6. Buying a garage timer
The purchase of a garage timer is a simple way to avoid the occurrence of burglaries in garages. It is quite common for owners to leave the garage door open.
- To prevent this habit engages your responsibility; a garage timer will allow you to set a specific time to close the garage door.
- This way, you can be sure that your garage door will close automatically.
Do not be an easy target
If you follow at least some of these six clever tips, you will greatly reduce the chance that a burglary will take place in your home.